Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Final Reflection Post

Final Reflection Post: 

         I am so thankful,  I signed up for Intro to Tech for Educators . In Intro to Tech for Educators, I had the opportunity of meeting new people, building a student to professor  relationship (which by the way was wonderful ) but what I found to be fascinating was discovering how out of touch I was with the technology resources that are available for today's teachers.
             There were many things, I enjoy in Intro to Tech for Educators. Reading Transforming Learning with New Technologies class textbook was one of them. Each chapter taught me a vital concept for teachers to integrate technology into their class lesson. All the chapters in Transforming Learning with New Technologies were simple, easy to read and share clear tables, vocabulary teams, images and graphs.
            What I enjoy sharing every week were the Digital Badges through Blogger. Blogger  is a blog-publishing service that allows multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. Through Blogger, I share with Professor Coleman and my classmates what I found to be the  three most  important topics from each chapter . Choosing this three concepts helped me focus on the key messages for each chapter. Blogger is a technology resources I did not know existed but would use to share my ideas with others. I also enjoy writing discussion post journals. 
              Through the discussion post journals, I had the opportunity to  express, share my experience and my believes in certain topics. However,  what I found most fascinating besides from writing my discussion post journals was reading my classmates post and sharing our thoughts together with respect.
            Overall I enjoy this course , I don't think there is nothing that need to be improve. What I believe is that as student we need to use our time wisely, write down in a calendar each class assignment a day before it due, this way  it's turn in on  time and will written! I would definitely recommend this class to students who want to become teachers and  want to understand today's technology, to teachers who want to break out of their old teaching habits and  included technology in their lesson plans. I had a great time working in groups and alone. 
             In the group activities, I was given the opportunity of meeting  new people and sharing our talents like I did in the Instructional Strategy Wiki assignment. When I work in my teacher portfolio alone, I discover my weakness, strengths, and discover ways I can become a better student academically and great future teacher!          
              Professor Coleman, thank you for this wonderful learning experience ! Classmates, I wish you all best of luck in your incoming college semester! I have attached a YouTube video to motivation you and know that you too can be successful . Follow your dreams and know that nothing is impossible!




Resources
Famous Failures. (2012, May 15). Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLYECIjmnQs


Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment